Drug Possession Charges Dropped against Maurice “Parlae” Gleaton, Dem Franchize Boyz

By Premier on Wednesday, March 28, 2007 with 0 comments


Today charges against Parlae aka Maurice Gleaton, a member of Dem Franchize Boyz, have been dropped. Last June, Gleaton was one of eight individuals taken into custody and charged with drug trafficking, later reduced to drug possession, after a police raid at Making Big Moves Entertainment, a recording studio in Atlanta.
Gleaton’s attorney, Ash Joshi, stated that Parlae was simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. He was not the target of the search warrant that police had; they were there for Anthony Blalock, CEO of Making Big Moves Entertainment.
“I’m thankful to God because I knew I was innocent all along, and it seemed like nobody believed me but my friends and my lawyer,” said Parlae. “But, it’s all good now. I tried to tell everybody I was innocent and today, the rest of the world knows the truth.”
“To my fans, this was an illegitimate charge. This is totally out of my character and I hate that it ever happened,” said Parlae. “I don’t condone being in that type of environment and I had no idea that drugs were even in the studio because I was just there to work. Apparently, I had nothing to do with the situation and I just thank all of you for your support.”
Dem Franchize Boyz, a foursome, is comprised of Bernard “Jizzal Man” Leverette, Maurice “Parlae” Gleaton, Jamal “Pimpin” Willingham and Gerald “Buddie” Tiller. All four artists are from the Westside of Atlanta, where they grew up together. The group was formed while they were classmates in High Schoo and are known for hit singles “White Tee,” “Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It,” and “Oh, I Think They Like Me.”


Submitted by: NRP Agency

Category: